In this webinar, Great Minds® implementation leader and LETRS professional learning facilitator Jeniqua Moran shares insights into how Geodes® texts build rich foundational knowledge and language for all emerging and developing readers while also aligning with the development of the essential word recognition skills that build successful readers. This session provides guidance on the science, systems, and structures necessary to support the effective implementation of Geodes.
- Watch the recordings for the other sessions in our webinar series: Growing Strong Reading Roots in Emerging Readers with Level K Geodes and Growing Developing Readers With Levels 1 And 2 Geodes
- Learn more about Geodes in our free guided walk-through
- See how we incorporate the science of reading into our instructional materials and the role of knowledge building in literacy instruction on our Science of Reading page
- Discover additional implementation strategies on our Geodes aha! blog
- Unlock five tips to help you get started with Geodes in our recent blog post
- Hear from educators on how Geodes, explicit foundational skills instruction, and Wit & Wisdom® have uniquely brought the science of reading to life in their classes in our Voices from the Field blog series
- Learn more about the My Geodes® take-home books in print and digital format to help students continue to practice their reading and build their knowledge outside of the classroom
- Learn more about activating prior knowledge to support reading comprehension in our guest blog post written by Melissa and Lori from the Melissa & Lori Love Literacy podcast
- Dive into how systematic and explicit language comprehension instruction results in knowledge building in episode 167 of the Melissa & Lori Love Literacy podcast: The Relationship Between Phonics and Language Comprehension
- Explore research and dive into Great Minds' approach to knowledge building and its important role in supporting students' reading and writing in our Knowledge Building Primer
- Watch this free webinar session on how sustained, content-rich instruction improves reading comprehension
- Take a look inside a box of Geodes in our "Unpacking Geodes: Engaging Early Readers and Building Lasting Knowledge" blog post
- Find out how to implement Geodes in your classroom in our "Four Common Questions You May Have When Getting Started with Geodes" blog post
- Dive into the world of Geodes in episode 9 of the Melissa & Lori Love Literacy podcast: Geodes Rock!
- Discover how to maximize available funds to bring Geodes to your classroom