What assessments does Wit & Wisdom English include?
We include formative and summative assessments in each module. Formative assessments include:
- Check for Understanding tasks that are administered daily and allow teachers to evaluate students’ progress towards a learning goal.
- Focusing Question tasks that occur every 8–12 lessons and ask students to synthesize knowledge and skills gained in one section of each module.
- New Read Assessments that occur at least twice in each module and ask students to apply literacy skills to a new text.
Summative assessments include:
- End of Module Assessments that ask students to synthesize knowledge and skills from the entire module in the final days of instruction.
- Our online assessments are not designed to be predictive of students’ performance on an end-of-year state exam.