How does family engagement help students build knowledge outside of the classroom? How important are family support resources for your classroom curricula? What information should you share and what types of resources are most helpful?
Watch this webinar to learn the answer to these questions and to hear about the decades of research that show that when families are involved with schools, students learn more and are more likely to advance to post-secondary education.
In this webinar, participants will
- see the research out of the Columbia University Center for Public Research and Leadership on the importance of high-quality instructional materials for educators, families, and students,
- learn how educators have approached family engagement with curriculum and instructional materials,
- discover successful strategies for engaging families, and
- consider what the pandemic and virtual schooling teach us about the role of families in supporting students’ learning.
- Download the family tip sheets created by Baltimore City Public Schools and shared by Christopher Knighting