To develop a strong understanding of Scarborough’s Reading Rope and nurture emerging readers, educators need instructional materials that weave together both word recognition and language comprehension skills. In this webinar, we’ll discuss how teachers can provide their students with opportunities to build strong content knowledge while practicing foundational reading skills with Geodes®. As information-rich books, Geodes help students grow in “constrained” (letter naming, phonics, concepts of print) and “unconstrained” (vocabulary, background knowledge, language structures, literacy knowledge) skills.
Hear three educators from across the country share how using Geodes in their elementary classrooms has changed their instructional practices to align with the science of reading. Each educator will share how they help all students access the same knowledge-rich Geodes texts and practice the reading skills needed to become proficient, skilled readers.
Resources Referenced in the Webinar
- Learn more about Geodes with our Geodes Review Materials
- Discover how to maximize available funds to bring Geodes into your classroom
- Send the wonder of Geodes home with your students with our My Geodes® digital experience
- See how Geodes align to Wit & Wisdom® and Fundations® for grades K–2
- Explore a host of science of reading resources and implementation strategies